Electric Scooter End User Warranty
End User Warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship of the Product arising or occurring as a result of normal and ordinary use of the Product. Technical specifications like top speed, range, climbing ability and braking power are not guaranteed and provided only as a reference. These values cannot form a basis for an End User Warranty claim.
End User Warranty applies only to scooters sold by Voltride for private use, for the original purchaser. End User Warranty does not apply to aftermarket and professional / commercial use. All Warranty claims must be handled with Voltride Service.
Electric Scooter End User Warranty applies for the following periods or for total mileage of 2000kms whichever comes first:
Vehicle Body – 2 years
- Deck With Bottom Cover
- Wheel Without Motor
- Front Fork Assembly
- Rear Fork Assembly
- Control Board Assembly
- Stem and Steering Column
- Charging Port
Other Components – 6 months
- Battery Pack (internal)
- External Battery Pack with mount
- Battery Charger
- Wheel with Hub Motor Assembly
- Display and External Switches
- Electronic Throttle
- Electronic Brake with brake level
- Mechanical Brake with brake lever
- External Cabling
- Folding Mechanism
Small components – 3 months
- Front Fender
- Rear Fender
- Bell, Reflectors
- Brake Light
- LED Strip and Ambience Lights
Normal wear and tear are not covered by the End User Warranty. Wear and tear items include tires, brake pads and discs, brake cables, fork covers, charging port cover, grips, rattle and shaky steering column or folding mechanism, loose bolts, screws, clamps and pins, etc. The end user is responsible for checking the technical condition of the scooter before every ride and maintaining the scooter.
Regular maintenance by the End User:
– Tire condition. Check before every ride. Tire pressure should be 2.4-3.2 bar, subject to user weight and tire type. Tire pressure must be checked also for the new scooter before the first ride. Check also for tire wear and defects. Do not use scooter if tire pressure too low or tires worn off.
– Lights and reflectors. Check before every ride. Do not use scooter if lights not functional.
– Bell or signal. Check before every ride. Do not use scooter if bell or signal not operational.
– Brake check – before every ride. Check the efficiency of the brakes and brake pad wear. Cleanse the brakes when dirty. Do not use scooter if brakes are not properly functioning or worn off.
– Checking for rattle, shaky steering column or folding mechanism, loose kickstand and other items, also for bolts and screws that need tightening, before every ride. Fix it if possible. Otherwise ask help from Voltride Service. Do not use the scooter if there are problems with any of these items.
– Error messages. Check for messages on display before every ride. Do not use scooter if any errors.
– Suspension. Check regularly to see if maintenance (grease, adjusting etc) is needed.
– General condition. Check every once and a while to see if there are any punctures or cracks to the steering column, platform, handlebar, display or plastic covers that may cause water or dust damage to happen. Also check for other components if needing maintenance.
If not sure, please contact Voltride Service.
Please also refer to Warranty Exclusions and Rules for Maintenance, Recharge and Storage provided below.
Warranty Exclusions, Rules for Maintenance, Recharge and Storage
The Warranty does not cover the following circumstances:
- Products not purchased from Voltride.
- Improper or invalid documentation, including lack of original invoice, or discrepancies on the invoice,
- Products outside the warranty period,
- Damage caused from improper packaging or mishandling during shipment
- Aftermarket products, products that have been opened or modified in any way
- Products that have been repaired (or attempted to be repaired) by unauthorized repair service/person
- Product has been charged with any charger other than the original, over-discharged, or if the maintenance, recharge and storage instructions in the User Manual have not been followed.
- Damage to the Product from misuse and/or neglect, or from not adhering to the instructions in the User Manual
- Damage caused by overloading/excessive weight, attempting tricks or stunt riding, running into obstacles such as curbs, walls, or drop, hit or concussion
- Damage caused by exposure to extreme temperature, fire, rain, and other damage caused by water, other liquids, humidity, sand, mud, snow, gases or any other substance.
- Any electrical and/or material damage or breakage not stemming from a manufacture’s defect
- Damages resulting from normal wear and tear, aging and inappropriate handling or accidents
- Product has been used after defects needing repair have been identified.
Rules for Maintenance, Recharge and Storage
In addition to Warranty Exclusion Terms above, the Warranty may become void if the rules and recommendations below (also provided in the User Manual, are not followed:
- Avoid fully depleting the battery while riding.
- Never store the scooter with battery empty, always recharge to 50-60%.
- Before recharging, make sure the scooter, charger, and the charging port are dry.
- Do not charge the scooter immediately after use. Let it cool down for 1h before charging.
- Use only the original charger.
- Never leave the scooter unattended while charging.
- Recharge the scooter in a safe area where the damage to the surrounding is limited in case of malfunction of the battery
- Recharging of the scooter must not be continued for more than 1 hour after it is fully charged (green LED indicator on the charger).
- Always replace the charging port cover after recharge to avoid water or other damage
- Recharge the scooter in dry environment, away from flammable materials at 15-25°C.
- Do not charge in direct sunlight or near fire.
Storing and Cleaning
- Recharge the scooter to 50%-60% before storing it for any longer period.
- Recharge the scooter (including new) again to 50%-60% every 2 (two) months when stored.
- Store the scooter in a dry environment at 15-25°C, away from flammable materials.
- Do not store the scooter outdoors.
- Before cleaning, make sure the scooter is turned off and the charging port is covered.
- Do not use water, alcohol, gas, kerosene, or any other chemical solvents for cleaning.
- Do not use pressurized water guns or running water for cleaning.
- The scooter is not waterproof. Do not expose it to rain or water nor soak it or wash it with water.
- Before each use, run a quick check for: (i) error messages/signals; (ii) physical malfunction; (iii) excessive wear and tear, (iv) loose or broken parts; (v) any other damage or problems.
- If any issues are present, the user must not use the scooter until the problems are fixed.
- Wear and tear items (tire, brake-pads, etc) that do not require opening up the scooter, may be fixed by the user or by any service.
- For all other faults, the End User needs to turn to Voltride Service, while still under Warranty.
- Electric scooter needs regular maintenance, similar to bicycle or any other vehicle.
- To ensure the validity of the warranty and good condition of the scooter, it must be serviced once a year at the end of the season or at 300km, 1000km and from that on at every 1000km. Maintenance is performed by the Voltride Service.
- Check also for guidance: Regular maintenance by the End User.