The underwater Nazare Canyon is the largest one of its kind in Europe. With a maximum depth of 5,000 metres (16,000 ft) and about 230 kilometres (140 mi) long, it’s the bottleneck that creates the heaviest, tallest waves on earth.
Those waves were our inspiration to create the most outrageous production e-board ever conceived. The new deck went through 13 iterations before the concave and flex was just right. We tested over 9 different motors before we settled on the 6389. Every detail was reviewed. From all the single little screws (which are now all titanium) to the connector of the charger.
The Nazare’s center piece is Lacroix’ Hypertrucks™ developed in conjunction with RipTide Sports™ (market leader in urethane bushing technology). Combined with the bushings, they make the board feel on rails at high speed yet super carvy at low speed. And on a medium-loose setting, i.e. one on which you would not do a speed run usually, they Self Correct Speed Wobbles™, i.e. that “oh sh*t” moment is tamed, if it shows up at all.
It’s like surfing a 78 foot wave on pavement. Or heli-boarding in Alaska, all summer long.
- Signature Lacroix™ carbon fiber enclosure.
- Lacroix Hypertrucks™ with Self Correcting Speed Wobble Tech™; see details on the Hypertrucks™ product page; Each board ships with 4 different pairs of custom made RipTide™ bushings that are good for any weight and ride style – from the lightweight slow carver to the heavyweight speed monster.
- 882wh – 12s5p flexible battery packs made of top shelf Samsung INR-21700-50E cells; 12 amp charger with high-end custom connector. From empty to full in approximately 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Range is approximately 37 miles (60 km) for a 200 pound rider.
- Focbox Unity ESC.
- 8 inch Kenda tires mounted on tried-and-trusted MBS Rockstar2 hubs – on road, offroad, they don’t care.
- Full titanium “rainbow” hardware; You’ll never strip another screw or snap another head again. They look awesome plus we’re weight-weenies so there.
- 2x integrated removable front lights; high end customized mountain bike lights (retail is usually $90USD each) with CREE XM-L2 U2 LEDs that connect directly into the board’s battery with a high end waterproof connector. Up to 2000 lumens each (4000 lumens total). There are 4 intensities to choose from (200 lumen, 800 lumen, 1400 lumen and 2000 lumen). Mounted to the Hypertruck with a custom Lacroix GoPro mount. Rated IP65 (the lights, not the board, simmer down)
- Unique Lacroix™ wheel pulley with integrated 6003 series bearing for high speed stability. Eliminates wheel wobbles. Now included are custom bearing spacers for the Rockstar2 hubs.
- Remote; custom Flipsky VX1 in order to display the board’s battery level directly on the remote.
- resting foot platform on the deck is 31.5 inches between the angled “tabs”.
- Max speed; don’t attempt it unless you wear full body protection on a closed course, safe environment. No Joke.
- Water; if you get caught in the rain, ride slowly home and you’ll be fine. As always with high priced electronics, avoid water if you can.
The board ships with all of the above including a full spare tire, 2 extra belts and extra pulleys for extra high end-of-range torque / high speed madness.